Many things had happen during the year of 2010.
The night before New Year, we brought home our baby girl from the hospital. It was the greatest joy. We love having another child into our family. She looked up to her brother and follow him everywhere like a puppy. She copied him and developed so much in a short time. On the New Year Eve we celebrated her first birthday. We invited a family over to share with us.
Brian was in preschool in January and February. Then, I pulled him out and home school him full time. He had learned so much and continue to be eager to learn more. He loves to read. He had completed two levels of Bob books and one level of HOP books. He loves to cut. At Christmas time he was creative of making different ornaments to put on the tree. I continue to encourage him to write words. He can write his name. (Currently He is learning about calender and how to spell words by sounding it out.)
Louis started a new job in February at a small law firm in Covington. That was his dream job when he completed law school. He enjoys working there. In the Fall, he decided to play the keyboard. He learned to play some Beatles songs from youtube online. He can play four songs, I think. He is a big Beatles fan.
I became a stay home Mom full-time since Elizabeth was born. I was on maternity leaves for a few months. During that time, I visited the school a couple of times to see how the students were doing and to say good bye. I took some classes online from My Creative Classroom. I learned different things that I can do with using the cricut machine. I likes to make small things from scrap especially for gifts. In the Fall, I started sewing again. I made a few things. I made batman and superman capes for Brian. I cross stitch a few pictures. One picture was the Navoo Temple. We hanged it on the living room wall. Other pictures I had made was for Christmas gifts. After Thanksgiving, I started working in the Shared Reading Program. I visited a deaf child with a parent who wants to keep learning sign language. I read a book in sign. It was a way to encourage the child to develop a language skill. I go about once a week for an hour. I volunteer in a study group from KCDHH (Kentucky Commission for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing). We are trying to reinforce movie theater to provide movies with caption throughout the state. We are a step closer to achieve. One movie theater in Pikeville provide caption now.
No comments:
Post a Comment